Code Of Conduct
We are committed to providing a safe, comfortable and enjoyable entertainment experience for our guests. To achieve this goal, we ask that our guests conduct themselves respectfully and in accordance with the terms of this Code of Conduct.
Guests entering the premises must wear a mask or face covering that covers the nose, mouth, and chin. Guests who do not comply with this policy may be asked to leave the premises.
Players have 15 minutes to appear for their TO’s scheduled start time and 10 minutes to follow through when possible to their assigned start time. Players who fail to adhere to these times will be subjected to DQ from their current section of bracket.
Inappropriate behaviour that is in violation of the Code of Conduct includes, but is not limited to the following:
- 3.1. LIST OF VIOLATIONS. The Violations of this Code of Conduct include:
- 3.1.1. Engaging in assault, battery, physical harassment or abuse, or any other physical contact with any other person without their consent.
- 3.1.2. Engaging in malicious bullying, baiting, trolling, or other non-physical harassment or abuse that rises to a level beyond commonly accepted FGC trash talking.
- 3.1.3. Engaging in coercive or non-consensual sexual acts, inclusive of sexual assault and sexual harassment
- 3.1.4. Using or threatening to use a deadly or dangerous weapon except in reasonable defensive situations.
- 3.1.5. Pestering or stalking any other person or otherwise not respecting any other person’s reasonable desire to be left alone.
- 3.1.6. Taking photographs of or recording any other person without their consent or Backer authorization.
- 3.1.7. Engaging in discriminatory or hateful statements or behavior, including any based on race, color, ethnicity, nationality, citizenship, sex, sexual or romantic orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, neurodiversity, body size, or any other personal characteristics.
- 3.1.8. Intentionally outing any other person’s sexual orientation, gender, or other identities without their consent.
- 3.1.9. Intentionally causing fear or distress in or maliciously abusing power over any other person.
- 3.1.10. Disclosing confidential information or media, doxxing or sharing any personally identifiable information, or violating any other person’s reasonable expectation of privacy.
- 3.1.11. Intentionally entering off-limit areas in Community Spaces.
- 3.1.12. DDOSing, swatting, spreading malware, phishing, hacking into any other person’s accounts, or intentionally, recklessly, or negligently damaging, tampering with, or interfering with any other person’s property, platform, equipment, other possessions, or network connection.
- 3.1.13. Scamming or engaging in fraud, impersonation, or defamatory statements or behavior against any other person.
- 3.1.14. Tampering with a tournament, fixing any match or bracket, colluding, entering multiple times in a single tournament, substituting or being substituted for any other player mid-tournament or without good faith permission from the organizer, using disallowed game code exploits, or any other unsportsmanlike conduct or conduct that violates commonly accepted FGC tournament etiquette.
- 3.1.15. Stealing, misappropriating, mishandling, or misrepresenting the amounts or uses of entry fees, prize pots, hotel or other lodging fees, viewer or other donations, or any other person’s money.
- 3.1.16. Creating a nuisance or hazard by neglecting personal hygiene, refusing to take appropriate hygienic or medical precautions, or engaging in or encouraging others to commit any hygienically or medically unsafe behavior.
- 3.1.17. Displaying vulgar, offensive, or defamatory depictions that harm social inclusivity and safety. This includes, but is not limited to: articles of clothing and gamer tags. Such displays may be prohibited at the discretion of the Lead Tournament Organizers. This includes displaying or sharing pornographic, obscene or not-safe-for-work material.
- 3.1.18. Failing to abide by any applicable Third Party Rules.
- 3.1.19. Advocating for, encouraging, being an accomplice to, or threatening to engage in any potential Violations.
- 3.1.20. Evading or attempting to evade any disciplinary action taken under this Code of Conduct.
- 3.2. UNDERAGED PARTICIPANTS. Any Participant under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult guardian when attending an in-person Community Space. Standards of behavior will be higher with or around anyone under the age of 18, meaning behavior that may not otherwise amount to Violations may be treated as Violations if the target is under 18. Anyone under the local age of majority will be deemed unable to consent, including to sexual activity.
- 3.3. OTHER VIOLATIONS. This list of Violations isn’t exhaustive. Any other behavior that goes against commonly accepted FGC standards or norms or any of the Objectives may violate this Code of Conduct as well.
3. INVESTIGATION, ADJUDICATION, AND ENFORCEMENT.
3.1. POTENTIAL OUTCOMES. Penalties for Violations of this Code of Conduct may include but are not limited to warnings, refusals of entry or use, disqualifications, suspensions, bans, referrals to venue security or platform administrators, referrals to law enforcement or other authorities, community boycotts, and so on. Participants who engage in Violations and are the focus of resulting Recommendations may not be entitled to any refunds or repayments.
3.2. REPORTING. The VSB Team will have the ability to take in reports about any potential or alleged Violations and will attempt to maintain confidentiality throughout the Disciplinary Procedure.
3.3. ADJUDICATION. Any player in violation of the Code of Conduct may be disqualified, and VSB reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such team or player to the fullest extent permitted by the law. Ban length will be to the jurisdiction of the Vancouver Street Battle staff.
- FOOD AND DRINKS.
4.1. No outside food is allowed in the venue. Eating will only be permissible before entering the venue. This does not include food sold by VSB which attendees are expected to maintain a high standard of cleanliness when eaten and brought inside.
4.2. Only bottled drinks are allowed with no open lid drinks unless bought from VSB. Drinks must not be placed on top of any gaming stations or pods and are to be kept on the bottom side or floor.
4.3. Bottles, cans, and general garbage are expected to be placed in their respective disposal bins and not left elsewhere.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ENTRY TO THE VENUE AND OR TOURNAMENTS WHICH INCLUDE ONSITE AND OFFSITE VANCOUVER STREET BATTLE EVENTS.