VANCOUVER STREET BATTLE
COMMUNITY CODE OF CONDUCT
> We welcome and support people of all backgrounds and identities! This includes but not limited to members of any sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, culture, social and economical class, education level, age, size, sex, family status, political belief, colour, national origin, religion, and mental or physical ability <
All players and or spectators are expected to display good sportsmanship and maintain a level of respect for each other, which also includes staff and towards staff instructions.
Failure to follow the Code of Conduct and or the inability to follow staff instructions may result in a disqualification from the event along with a forfeit of prizes won.
Additionally, tournament staff have the right to ban and or disqualified players from future tournaments and or events organized by The Gaming Stadium and or Vancouver Street Battle.
Players have 15 minutes to appear for their TO’s scheduled start time and 10 minutes to follow through when possible to their assigned start time. Players who fail to adhere to these times will be subjected to DQ from their current section of bracket.
Collusion: Any players suspected of colluding may be disqualified from tournaments. This includes throwing games, splitting payout, and committing any form of bracket manipulation.
Inappropriate behaviour that is in violation of the Code of Conduct includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Assault – physical/verbal assault, attempts to cause physical injury or threatens to cause any physical harm to any player, spectator or staff member
- Behaviour in an unsportsmanlike manner, or with the intention of disrupting or undermining the operations of the event
- Commits of an act of theft, damage to VSB property; throwing/slamming/kicking/ deliberate destruction, vandalism to the facility
- Disturbance or interference with tournament and event operations, TGS streams, TGS sites, or offsite events
- Engagement in violence or activity which is deemed in the judgement of staff to be immoral, unethical, disgraceful, or contrary to common standard of decency
- Posting and or releasing any personal information, including but not limited to full name, address, social media, e-mail, with malicious intent of attacking the other person
- Threats, intimidation, verbal abuses, and harassment – either by words, gestures, or other acts
- Unwanted sexual advances and or attention. Which include contextually inappropriated sexualized comments, jokes and innuendos towards another player or staff member
FOOD & DRINKS
No outside food is allowed in the venue. Eating will only be permissible before entering the venue. This does not include food sold by TGS which attendees are expected to maintain a high standard of cleanliness when eaten and brought inside.
Only bottled drinks are allowed with no open lid drinks unless bought from TGS. Drinks must not be placed on top of any gaming stations or pods and are to be kept on the bottom side or floor.
Bottles, cans, and general garbage are expected to be placed in their respective disposal bins and not left elsewhere.
Any player in violation of the Code of Conduct may be disqualified, TGS and or VSB reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such team or player to the fullest extent permitted by the law.
Ban length will be to the jurisdiction of the Vancouver Street Battle staff.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ENTRY TO THE VENUE AND OR TOURNAMENTS WHICH INCLUDE ONSITE AND OFFSITE VANCOUVER STREET BATTLE EVENTS.